Visit Green Island and The Outer Barrier Reef in One Day!
|$252.00||Great Adventures (Adult) Green Island + Outer Reef Full Day Cruise||Snorkeling||$6.50||$258.50|
|$133.00||Great Adventures (Child) Green Island + Outer Reef Full Day Cruise||Snorkeling||$6.50||$139.50|
|$637.00||Great Adventures (Family) Green Island + Outer Reef Full Day Cruise (2 x Adults 2 x Children)||Snorkeling||$26.00||$663.00|
|$416.00||Great Adventures Outer Reef Full Day Cruise (Adult) + 1-Introductory Dive||1 x Intro Dive||$6.50||$422.50|
- Check In is at The Reef Fleet Terminal – 7:45 am
- Child Age is 4-14Years.
- Family Classed as 2 x Adults + 2 x Children
- Visit Beautiful Green Island for 2 Hours in Morning
- Visit The Outer Barrier Reef Pontoon for 3.5 hours in Afternoon.
- Includes Beautiful Buffet Lunch, Morning / Afternoon Tea.
- Incl: Semi-Submarines, Glass Bottom Boats.
- Incl: All Snorkeling Equipment & Fish Feeding Presentation.
- Full Day Great Barrier Reef Tour Departs – 8:30am Returns – 5:30pm.
- The Only Cairns Reef Tour to Visit Green Island + Outer Barrier Reef!
A Great Barrier Reef tour with Great Adventures Green Island and Outer Barrier Reef Cruises is perfect for people who want to experience as much as they can in the one day.
This day reef tour gives you the opportunity to visit Green Island for 2-hours first thing in the morning. Green Island has lush vegetation and tropical rainforest. Enjoy crystal clear water and white sandy beaches.
You can try snorkeling from the beach, the water is very shallow with a soft sandy bottom under foot. Take a leisurely stroll around the island. It takes around 45 minutes to walk around the entire island.
Be ready to depart Green Island at 10:45 am as the large Great Adventures boat will pick you up at the Green Island jetty and take you to the Outer Barrier Reef platform based on Norman Reef. The journey only takes about 40 minutes to arrive at the outer reef pontoon. It is here on the outer reef pontoon that the real fun begins.
It is on the Outer Barrier Reef that you will experience amazing bright color soft and hard corals, hundreds of species of reef fish like Mauri wrasse, cleaner fish, parrot fish and more. Many different species of sea turtle live on the Great Barrier Reef along with larger schooling reef fish like trevally, mackrel and baracuda.
Try Snorkeling from the large stable platform, everything is provided. Try the Semi-Submarines, these are a small boat with a very deep hull and large windows. Very easy to sit and watch and learn all about the Great Barrier Reef.
It is on the Outer Barrier Reef pontoon that you can also enjoy a tropical seafood buffet lunch. With hot and cold foods to suit all food requirements.
This day tour to the reef is a great combination of visiting both a tropical Island and the Outer Barrier Reef systems. Perfect for people who would like to experience as much as they can in the one day.
• Print out your travel ticket and make sure to bring it with you.
• Bring your swim wear, backpack, ipod, camera, sunscreen, hat & towel.
• Introductory Scuba Dive
(Try Scuba diving for the first time. Min age is 12 years. Must be Medically fit no Asthma)
• Certified Scuba Dive – 2 x Cert Dives
(If you already have your dive license PADI / SSI then try Certified diving at pontoon.)
• Scuba Doo Underwater Scooter
(Just like riding a little motorbike underwater this is a really fun way to see the reef.)
• 10m Scenic Helicopter Flight
(10-Min Helicopter Flight, experience amazing views of the entire Reef System)
- Departs Cairns – 8:30am
- 2 x Hours at beautiful Green Island.
- 3 x Hours on The Outer Barrier Reef Pontoon.
- Informative reef presentation with Marine Naturalist.
- Underwater observatory…fish and coral viewing.
- Semi-Submersible & Glass Bottom Boat Tours with interactive commentary.
- Fish Feeding demonstration.
- Dedicated Dive Tender for certified divers.
- Hot & Cold Buffet Lunch (incl prawns).
- Morning & afternoon tea.
- Friendly, personalized and professional service.
- Returns to Cairns at 5:30pm
You can buy photos from the on board photographer or hire on underwater camera while you are here in Cairns.