CAPE TRIBULATION SMALL GROUP TOUR (AVERAGE SIZE 13 PEOPLE)
|PRICE||CHOOSE OPTIONS||PICK UP||DROP OFF||TOTAL|
|$190.00||Cape Tribulation (Adult) Full Day Tour, Includes BBQ Lunch, Croc Cruise, Daintree Insect Museum||7:15am||6:30pm||$190.00|
|$95.00||Cape Tribulation (Child) Full Day Tour, Includes BBQ Lunch, Croc Cruise, Daintree Insect Museum||7:15am||6:30pm||$95.00|
|$475.00||Cape Tribulation (Family) Full Day Tour, Includes BBQ Lunch, Croc Cruise, Daintree Insect Museum||7:15am||6:30pm||$475.00|
- Child Age is 4-14 Years Old. Family is classed as 2 x Adults + 2 x Children.
- Includes: Return Transfers from Cairns or Port Douglas, Scenic Coastal Drive, Morning tea, Wildlife River Cruise on the Daintree River, Guided walk at Maardja Botanical walk, BBQ Lunch at Private Setting, Daintree Ice Cream Company (optional stop), Scenic views at Alexandra Range Lookout, Experienced guide, Daintree Ferry fees, Daintree National Park fees, Rex Lookout (optional stop), Returning to Cairns approx 7pm
YOUR TOUR INCLUDES:
• Walk on Cape Tribulation Beach.
• Enjoy the views at Alexandra Lookout.
• Experience Jindalba Board Walk.
• Visit the Daintree Insect Museum
• Enjoy the Daintree River Crocodile Cruise 1-Hour.
• Average Tour Group Size 13-Passengers with Senior Guide.
• Enjoy BBQ Lunch Choice of Native Barramundi Fish or Fillet Steak or Vegetarian.
• Includes Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port Douglas Hotel Pickup / Dropoff.
A Cape Tribulation Day Tour is the best way to experience Cape Tribulation & Daintree National Park.
On this Full Day Tour, you will learn about the flowers, trees, and plants that live in these ancient rainforests. You will also learn about the many native animals like bower birds, rainforest dragons, skinks, spiders, snakes and marsupials that live in the Daintree National Park.
You will learn about the small sugar cane town of Mossman. You will experience The Daintree River with a Wild Crocodile Cruise, looking for wild saltwater crocodiles!
“Make sure to bring your zoom lens on your camera if you have one!”
Enjoy the Daintree River ferry crossing, once on the Northern side of the river the road turns to dirt. There is no mains electricity supply or city freshwater supplies once you cross the Daintree River. Anyone living on the Northern side of the Daintree River generates their own power usually by solar panels. Locals also collect freshwater from the roofs of the house or freshwater streams.
Did you know the Daintree Rainforest is regarded as the oldest continually surviving Rainforest in the World? That is why it received Wold Heritage listing in the late 1970’s.
Your experienced senior guide is what separates this tour from the others, it is the knowledge you will learn along the way that makes the difference. Learn about the native birds, flora and fauna, marsupials and land-dwelling Rainforest animals.
Your guide will explain the early settler years of this region to the many native plants and animals that are unique to Cape Tribulation & Daintree National Park.
Your guide will also teach you about the unique Aboriginal tribes that still live in this area. You will learn about the Ku Ku Yalanji Aboriginal peoples, how they lived, hunted and existed within the Rainforests.
Cape Tribulation is a World Heritage listed National Park. Inside the National Park, scientists have found over 15 species of primitive flowering plants.
At this point in time, this is the highest concentration of primitive flowering plants found in one concentrated area compared with any other part of the World. This is just one of the many amazing natural beauties about Cape Tribulation and Daintree National Park.
How Long is the Tour?
A full day Cape Tribulation Day Tour will take around 12 hours to complete. Why so long? Well, there is around 80 km to travel between Cairns and the Daintree River so you need the time to drive up into the National Park.
This day tour to Daintree can be included in one of Cairns Tour Packages, these are a great way to save you money and also offer he chance to visit the Great Barrier Reef.
Bus pick-ups start at 7:30 am in the morning from your Cairns hotel. They can also do pick ups from Palm Cove or Trinity Beach or even Port Douglas.
With an experienced senior guide, you benefit from their many years of teaching and learning about these National Parks. You will enjoy an educational day learning about the rainforests ecology and many different species of wildlife that inhabit the rainforest.
Your Cape Tribulation Day Tour usually returns to Cairns at around 6:30 pm so be prepared for a full day of sightseeing, walking, learning and soaking up the rainforest of Cape Tribulation & Daintree National Park.
• Print out your travel ticket and make sure to bring it with you.
• Wear Comfortable Clothes, Walking Shoes on your Feet, Camera, Hat, Sunglasses and a Bottle of Water or Nibbles.
• Morning / Afternoon Tea and BBQ Lunch are Provided on the day. You might want to also bring some insect repellant.
• There are no Extras or Add-Ons with this tour.
(Just bring your towel, comfortable clothes, your camera and a big smile.)
- Departs Cairns at 7:30 am from your hotel.
- Enjoy A Senior Highly Experienced Guide.
- Enjoy Daintree River Boat Cruise looking for wild Crocodiles.
- Enjoy Cape Tribulation beach and rainforest walks, beautiful lunch.
- Return Bus Transfer to your hotel at around 6:30 pm
- Choose between Fillet Steak, Native Barramundi Fish or Vegetarian Option for Lunch.
Make sure to bring your camera/video camera along, you will get amazing shots of the Atherton Region. See the video below to give you an idea.