Cairns Aquarium – 15,000 Fish & Aquatic Animals, Australia.
It’s coming! The construction crane has been in the sky for the last 5 months and the walls are slowly going up with each and every week that passes by.
The Cairns Aquarium will be fantastic, located on the corner of Abbott and Aplin Street Cairns. This will be great for the city of Cairns.
Not only will you be able to go to the Aquarium on a rainy day. You can also visit the Aquarium to learn about the reef and marine animals in advance before going out on a day boat to see the real deal!
A great initiative with the Cairns community proud to finally have one of the largest marine aquariums in the World.
Adults – $36.95
Child – (3-13years) $22.95
Senior – (65+) / Concession $25.00
Family – (2 x Adults & 2 x Children) $89.95
Infants – (under 3 years) Free of Charge.
The expected opening month is April 2017.
Opening times are as follows:
|Monday – Friday||9:00am – 8:00pm|
|Saturday – Sunday||9:00am – 5:00pm|
The Cairns Aquarium is being built to the highest safety standards using tropical innovation with regard to environmental best practises and sustainable building technologies. Some of these characteristics are:
- Most energy efficient appliances, devices, plant and equipment sourced.
- Endemic species (not requiring excessive heating or cooling) selected to live in the Aquarium.
- Temperature controls via ambient air ventilation, saving electricity.
- Low or appropriate wattage LED lights used in exhibits and visitor journey, less power consumption.
- 100% recycled paper and vegetable inks used on printed materials.
- No plastics used. Packaging used is either paper or corn husks extrusion.
- Low and dual flush toilets, rainwater collection, water recycling.
- 200 k/w solar panels installed generates half of the buildings electrical requirement.
- Tri-generation on-site energy generation.
- Green building design employed (natural light, cooling, ventilation, white façade to minimize heat).
The entire Cairns tourism community is excited that such a modern state of the art marine aquarium is being built in the heart of the city. Stay tuned for the opening ceremony and attraction review.