Adults – $190
Children – $165
Family – $660 (SAVE – $50)
• Rainforest Wildlife Night Spotlighting Tour
• View Wild Kangaroos, Tree Kangaroos
• Small Group Tour Professional Guide
• All Meals Included – Beautiful Afternoon Tea, Dinner and Refreshments
Rainforest Wildlife Night Spotlighting Tour Cairns:
Rainforest Wildlife Night Spotlighting Tours depart from your Cairns hotel at 2pm. Get ready for a full afternoon and evening of wildlife spotlighting with a professional driver guide. Using small group 4WD vehicles this is the best way to spot animals in the wild, especially at night with a high powered spotlight when the Far North Queensland Rainforest comes alive.
As we go in search of Australian native animals around Cairns on our wildlife spotting and spotlighting tour, our guides will introduce you to some of the world’s most unusual animals, including the elusive platypus (we have a 90% success rate), tree kangaroos, possums, gliders, flying foxes, bandicoots, echidnas, snakes, frogs and many others.
On the tour we will also learn about the tropical rainforest and how local Aboriginal tribes use the vegetation to heal and make remedies to solve everyday common ailments.
Includes: Beautiful Buffet Dinner afternoon tea is also included.
Small groups led by personal, professional guides.
• All equipment (binoculars, spotlighting gear, rain ponchos).
• National park fees, fuel levies, insurances, and surcharges.
• Meals – afternoon tea, dinner and refreshments.
• Please advise any special dietary requirements prior to departure.
• Comfortable, air-conditioned vehicles.
Local Knowledge Tip “During the months of November thru to March can be the monsoon season or rainy season. This is also the time of year when animals are most active in the rainforest”
• Print out your travel ticket and make sure to bring it with you.
• Bring your backpack, ipod, camera with zoom lens, insect repellent.
• There are no Extras or Add Ons with this tour.
(Wear comfortable clothes, your camera, hat, sunglasses and sunscreen and a big smile.)
- Departs Cairns around 1400 (Port Douglas 1300, Northern Beaches 1330)
- Return to Cairns by 2230 hours (hotel drop off)
- Comfortable, fully air conditioned van
- Maximum 11 people
- Afternoon Tea and Dinner in Yungaburra included
- Learn about the tropical rainforest around the Cairns Tablelands
- 90% success rate for platypus sightings
- Easy walking. Suitable for children.
Make sure to bring your camera/video camera along, you will get amazing shots of Barron George National Park, Stoney Creek Falls and Bridal Falls. See the video below to give you an idea.